Wednesday 22 April 2009

I feel ripped off

I totally hate it when I go to a restaurant (or a shop, watever) and I order something but it comes to me not as I expected. As an example, during lunch today we went to a local restaurant in Pandan area and I ordered wet fried kuey teow, SEAFOOD. Expecting fat prawns (at least a couple), some fish and some squid maybe, for that price, what I was served was a bland tasteless and runny sauce-flooded pale kuey teow but more amazingly, I had a hard time trying to look for the prawns (good thing I bring my microscope around with me in my bag everytime I go out). No squids, just one fishball cut up into quarters. Okay I wasn't expecting gigantic king prawns but come on...at least give me ONE Normal sized prawn.



Miniscule prawns..mmmm how juicy!!

2 comments:

  1. oww kiut nya udang..udang sapak tu yoooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I almost feel convinced this post is a secret culinary translation of your past boyfriends. The "seafood kway teow" being the hunky 6-pack bronzed skin men you love so much. Only to find the "shrimp" was shrivelled by excessive steroid use, and was only accompanied by a pair of miniscule "fish balls".

    This is what you get when you lust after Aaragon.

    ReplyDelete